• Ensure that the test tube is clean before use.
• Clean the tube directly after use.
• Take the volume of the water sample as precisely as possible.
• Keep the dripping bottle perfectly vertical during dropping.
• Take care that no air bubbles are included in the drops.
1. Take a water sample of 5 ml.
2. Add 5 drops of pH-test fluid
3. Shake test tube.
4. Determine the pH-value using the colour chart included. The ideal pH for a marine tank is between 8.0 and 8.4. In case of a low pH, add Colombo Marine KH+ in order to increase it. A higher pH is rarely encountered; however should this be the case, you can lower the pH by making a water change; always check the pH of the fresh seawater first!