Read more Read less
Mapelastic - A two component cementitious mortar, flexible down to -20 degree C, for waterproofing balconies, terraces, bathrooms and swimming pools
WHERE TO USE
Waterproofing and protection of concrete structures, renders and cementitious screeds.
Some application examples
• Waterproofing of concrete basins used for containing water.
• Waterproofing bathrooms, showers, balconies, terraces, swimming pools, etc. before laying ceramic tile finishes.
• Waterproofing of plasterboard, render or cementitious surfaces, lightweight cement blocks and marine-grade plywood.
• Flexible smoothing layer for light-sectioned concrete structures, including those subjected to minor
deformation when under load (e.g. pre-cast panels).
• Protection of renders or concrete with cracks caused by shrinkage, against the infiltration of water and
aggressive atmospheric elements.
• Protection, against the penetration of carbon dioxide, of concrete pillars beams and road and railway
viaducts repaired with products from the Mapegrout concrete covering on the reinforcement rods.
• Protection of concrete surfaces which may come into contact with seawater, de-icing salts, such as sodium
or calcium chloride, and sulphates.
• Remains flexible at very low temperatures (-20°C).
• More than 20 years experience and more than 300 million surfaces successfully waterproofed.
• CE-certified product in compliance with EN 1504-2 and EN 14891.
• Protects the surface of concrete from CO2 penetration (carbonation) for more than 50 years.
• Resistant to UV rays.
• 2.5 mm of Mapelastic represents the equivalent of 30 mm of concrete against the aggressive action of
chlorides (w/c ratio 0.45).
• May also be applied on existing coverings.
• Compatible with ceramic, mosaic and natural stone coverings.
Packing: 32kg set