Read more Read less
Vermicomposting method is a biotechnological composting method which combines the role of compost worm and decomposing microorganisms to speed up the composting process. The resulting compost fertilizer is known as a vermicompost, it is a fertilizer produced when compost worms consume organic materials from agricultural wastes. Vermicomposting uses specially bred worms (African nightcrawler worm) to aerate the soil and convert organic matter into compost. Worms are eating machines that feed on the bacteria growing on the waste organic matter and pass it through their digestive system, producing worm castings or “vermicompost organic fertilizer”.
THE BENEFITS OF VERMICOMPOST
1. The best compost fertilizer
2. Productivity increased by 70% - 300%
3. Growth hormone: Auxin, Cytokinin, Giberilline
4. Contains 17 nutrients including N, P and K that are required by plants
5. Nutrients are in the available form absorbed by trees
6. Do not burn the tree / survivor for all plants even when exposed to trees
7. Contains humic acid that binds tree nutrient and releases only when needed by tree
8. Neutralize excess acid soil and make soil lusher.
9. Less pests attack
10. Fragile flavour & endurance (crunchy & shelf-life taste longer).
11. Saving in terms of reduction in the use of fertilizers after the third season when the soil quality has been recoverable as vermicompost restore the soil so that trees can absorb nutrients more efficiently.