* Please visit our online store at http://www.satchmanshop.com to purchase or kindly call during office hours for assistance, cheers. *
MULTI-Level, MULTI-Play, and MULTI-Purpose!
- The most powerful, all-in-one percussion pad
that suits anyone from a beginner to an expert,
accommodating different levels of playing, a wide
variety of playing styles and performance
- DTX-MULTI 12 equips the 12 pads which are easy
to be distinguished even at the dark stage. You
can use the DTX-MULTI 12 in a variety of ways,
such as using the percussion pad in combination
with acoustic drums and percussion to accent music
with a rich variety of voices, transferring data
to the connected computer where you can compose
music with the included "Cubase AI 5" program, and
connecting a kick pedal (sold separately) to
create as a compact drum set.
MULTI-Voice and MULTI-Effect! -Preset Kit-
In addition to a broad spectrum of voices taken
from the world renowned, flagship MOTIF series
synthesizers, the DTX-MULTI 12 also features many
new percussion sounds that have been collected
through Yamaha's advanced sampling techniques and
ready-to-use effect sounds for a grand total of
- The DTX-MULTI 12 includes not only digital
sounds but also DJ sounds and a rich variety of
voices from percussion, chromatic percussion,
folk, and acoustic drum instruments.
- You can also import WAV and AIFF audio files
from a USB memory device and use them as voices.
- The DTX-MULTI 12 functions as a sample playback
device with 64MB of battery backed Flash ROM.
- Together with great-sounding reverb and chorus
effects that can be applied to entire drum kits,
the DTX-MULTI 12 also features a Variation effect
unit that can be used to enhance individual voices
in many exciting ways.
MULTI-Pattern! -Preset Pattern-
- The DTX-MULTI 12 comes complete with 128
different MIDI playing patterns (including 3 demo
patterns) from a world-wide range of musical
genres including folk music, rock, and house.
- You can easily start and stop patterns by simply
striking the pads. In addition, you can record
your own performances as patterns or create
patterns on a PC. These patterns can then be
assigned to pads.
- Using the Tap Tempo function, you can set the
tempo for patterns and the click track by simply
striking pads. In this way, you can conveniently
and intuitively set the tempo that you need.
MULTI-Mode! -Play Modes-
The DTX-MULTI 12 provides a number of playing
modes and features that enable performers to
directly express their art and talent.
- Stick mode, optimized for playing the instrument
with drum sticks
- Hand mode, for conveying subtle expressions
through hand percussion.
- Finger mode, for extremely intricate finger
- Muting feature, which enables sounds to be muted
or changed when a hand is pressed down on a pad as
it is struck.
MULTI-Assignment! -Trigger Function-
- Up to four different voices can be assigned to
- The DTX-MULTI 12 is packed with a multitude of
features to stimulate creativity such as Stack
mode in which all the notes assigned to a pad are
triggered simultaneously with a single strike and
Alternate mode in which the notes assigned to the
pad are played individually in turn each time it
MULTI-Interface! -Music Production-
In addition to the MIDI In/Out port, the DTX-MULTI
12 is equipped with a USB TO HOST port that can be
connected to a PC with a USB cable (sold
separately) and a USB TO DEVICE port that can be
save the user kit data on a USB memory.
- This connection can be used in a variety of
ways. For example, those who have difficulty
playing a keyboard can input MIDI data directly to
DAW software, and others can play computer
software synthesizer sounds by striking the
- "Cubase AI 5" by Steinberg, a DAW software
application, is bundled with the DTX-MULTI 12. You
can begin modifying the pitch and rhythm of the
MIDI data that you input using the DTX-MULTI 12
and begin composing elaborate pieces of music on
the same day you buy the DTX-MULTI 12.
- By installing the DTX-MULTI 12 Extension
(planned for future release on our Web site), you
will be able to control Cubase AI 5 directly from
the DTX-MULTI 12 front panel. This extension will
dramatically improve your efficiency in music
The DTX-MULTI 12 comes with trigger-input jacks
that five external pads can be connected to as
well as one foot switch jack and one hi-hat
You can customize the DTX-MULTI 12 to suit your
needs. You can:
- Connect a hi-hat controller (such as the HH65)
and a kick pad (such as the KP65) to use the
DTX-MULTI 12 as a compact drum kit.
- Use a foot switch (such as the FC4) to switch
between different drum kits and phrase patterns.
- Use a foot controller (such as the FC7 and FC9)
to control the volume and effect values in real
- Connect a drum trigger (such as the DT20) to
convert acoustic drum performances to trigger
signals and input these signals for playback.
* Hi-hat controllers, foot switches, foot
controllers, kick pads, and drum triggers are sold