It is important to make sure that the goods you are buying are not stolen. Any victim is entitled to recover his/her stolen property even if you have purchased the goods "in good faith." When in doubt:
- Request for the original receipt of purchase to verify that he/she is the rightful owner of the item.
- Check with the police to ensure that the item has not been reported stolen.
- For vehicles, please check with the Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan (JPJ) if the seller is registered as the owner of the vehicle, and to verify that the vehicle has not been reported as stolen.
- For vehicles, please check that the chassis number has not been manipulated.
- For branded items, please check that the serial number has not been manipulated.
- If you suspect that an item is a stolen item, please contact us, and lodge a police report immediately.
Please help us by using the above advice to prevent criminals from selling stolen goods.
- Request for the original receipt of the purchase.
- Check the serial/chassis numbers.
- Request for proof of ownership for big purchases, such as properties or vehicles (Grants, Sale and Purchase Agreements, and registration documents).